About Jefferson Christian Academy
Jefferson Christian Academy was established in the fall of 1970 by a group of Christians who wanted their children to have a quality education in a Christian environment. Many decades later, JCA still exists for those same fundamental reasons. At Jefferson Christian Academy we believe:
- Students should have the opportunity to cultivate a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through knowledge and practical application of the scriptures.
- Every student can learn and achieve
- Every student deserves a safe, clean, and Godly environment which is conducive to learning and teaching
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs
- All students deserve a professional, dedicated Christian staff united in promoting a successful learning environment
- Our school should develop Christian character, citizenship and leadership in all students
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school's mission
- Setting high standards encourages students to reach their highest level of accomplishment
Jefferson Christian Academy is SACS accredited. SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) is the accrediting agency for state colleges and universities, including the public school system. As of 2006 we are also accredited by NCSA (National Christian School Association). We play all our sports under the AHSAA (Alabama High School Athletic Association).
Admission to Jefferson Christian Academy is open to all students who have maintained an acceptable conduct record and who have maintained a "C" average academically. All students must meet the requirements stated in the Parent-Student Handbook. In the event of limited space in a class, eligible students who were enrolled for the previous year will be given first priority in acceptance. No students are accepted who have been dismissed from their former school for disciplinary reasons, nor are any promoted who have failed the previous year elsewhere. Jefferson Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion or national origin in any of its academic or extracurricular programs.